Statutory Surveyor and Flag State Inspector
Flag State Inspections (FSI) are used by flag states to ensure satisfactory standards are being maintained on board vessels flying their flag.
Flag State Inspections are carried out by approved Flag State Inspectors and include verification of statutory documentation and a general examination of the vessel’s structure, machinery and equipment as well as a more thorough inspection and/or operational testing of firefighting equipment, lifesaving appliances and safety equipment, studying this course will help you go through all these tasks and more.
- Perform ship inspection according to technical and ethical standards;
- Collect relevant documents and data in each technical area;
- Perform on-site measurements;
- Assess risk based on relevant findings;
- Recommend control measures;
- Communicate results (findings and control measures recommended).